RÉSUMÉ OF CIARA JOSEPHINE KENNEDY
BRIDGEFIELD, CASTLEMARTYR, CO CORK, IRELAND
Telephone: +353 861614099
- University College Cork, Sep 16 – Sep 17
MA Digital Arts & Humanities
Modules: Teaching & Learning Digital Humanities, Audio & Sound Engineering, Digital Skills, Humanities & New Technologies, and Communities of Practice in Digital Scholarship.
Grade: 1.1 First Class Honors
- The University of Huddersfield, England, Oct. 2003 – June 2005
BA (Hons) Degree Advertising, Media & Design Management
- University College of Cork, Cork, Ireland, Jan 2009 – March 2009
Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (C.E.L.T.A)
Grade: Pass B
- St Mary’s Highschool, Midleton Cork, Sept 2001 to June 2003
Leaving Certificate Grade: 440 points
- PACE Peace Action Cooperation in Europe. Training carried out in Georgia and Poland 2017/2018, through Erasmus +. Acquired skills to design and facilitate Peace Education.
- Fetac Level 6 Professional Trainer (Train the Trainer) Professional Development, Ballycoolen, Dublin, Grade: Distinction
- Social Awareness & Community Empowerment Certificate. A 6-month course undertaken with SHEP – Social Health & Education Project, Cork
- Foróige Youth Leadership Certificate
- Certificate in Social Entrepreneurship, DCU Ryan Academy, Dublin
- 10 Week Pink Program for Female Entrepreneurs, The Rubicon Centre, Cork
- Transform Your Life Teacher Training (Wellbeing & Personal Development Teacher Training)
- Holistic Qualifications in a number of modalities.
Experience & Skills
Entrepreneur on The Ignite Programme, September 2018 – September 2019
Based at UCC, The IGNITE Graduate Business Innovation Programme helps graduates to turn innovative ideas into successful businesses.
Every year they select 10 businesses to work with their extensive team of Mentors, ‘Coaches on Campus’ and Industry Partners. The IGNITE Graduate Business Innovation Programme is sponsored by Cork City Council, Cork County Council, the Local Enterprise Offices of Cork City, South Cork and North & West Cork, Bank of Ireland and University College Cork.
Entrepreneur, Cork, Ireland, Oct 2012 – ongoing.
- Leading the research and development of a start-up enterprise
- Building rapport and liaising with key potential business figures
- International Travel to China, America, Egypt and the Middle East building business contacts, whilst exploring ancient cultures and natures beauty
- Skills: Initiative, Entrepreneurial Skills, Self-motivation, Organizational skills, Leadership, Presentation and Communication skills, Project management, Sales and Networking
Apple Inc, E-commerce Payment Specialist, Cork Ireland, Oct 10 – Oct 2012
- VAT – Reconciliation of VAT invoices and issues
- Efficiency in resolving issues and prioritizing cases depending on urgency
- Train and mentor interns and work placement colleagues
- Attend and contribute to weekly process improvement meetings
- Involved in systems upgrade to improve invoice process, UAT (User acceptance testing)
- Contributed in streamlining processes
- Skills: Analytical Skills, Office Skills, Software packages, Teamwork and Interpersonal Skills, Presentation and Communication skills
Shafston University, English Teacher, Brisbane Australia, Sept 09 – Dec 09
Cork English College, English Teacher, Cork Ireland Jul 10 – Sept 10
- Lesson plan design for English language teaching
- Teaching and classroom management of 20 + students
- Skills: Presentation and Communication Skills, Organizational Skills, Time Management, Initiative, English Language
Angel Brides, Personal Assistant, Midleton Co Cork Mar 2007 – Aug 2007
- Skills: Project Management, Leadership, Decision Making, Initiative
Haymarket Publishing Ltd, Advertising Sales Executive, London England Jan 06 – Jul 06
- Sales Skills, Customer Service, Communication, Teamwork, Interpersonal Skills
- Designing and delivering a well-being programme for youths, assisting a government initiated re-focus programme for youths with challenging behaviour
- Designed and delivered innovative fundraising events, raising €15,000 to support Child Aid. Child Aid fund schools for street children in Africa. 2010 – 2011.
- Volunteered as a teacher in a school for street children in Nairobi, Africa. August 2011.
- Assisted in the organisation and project management of a large community event to raise awareness around youth mental health and suicide in Cork.
- Youth Leader at Foróige Youth Club in Shanagarry and Turners Cross Youth Communities, Cork Ireland.
- Digital Skills: website creation and management. Record and engineer audio using Logic Pro, short movie creation using i-movie
- IT Skills – Microsoft word, excel, keynote, PowerPoint, prezie.
- Workshop Creation: Design, implement and facilitate classes, programmes and workshops; holistic, youth, corporate and English language teaching
- Professional training of trainers and facilitators
Nature. Entrepreneurship. Indigenous Wisdom. Ecology. Travelling. Writing. Meditation. Dancing. Music. Game Design.
Available on Request